1 Cart Lodge Barn
Upper Sheringham, Norfolk+ Add to favourites
This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.
1 Cart Lodge is on the first floor of a converted barn complex that sits on the edge of Sheringham Park estate. The exposed beams give it lots of character and the relaxed, informal layout makes it popular with families. As you relax outside a highlight will be hearing the trains on the Poppy Line Steam Railway that runs along the cliff tops just across the fields or catching a glimpse of the resident barn owl.
It isn’t every day that you are given access, whatever the time of day, to 770 acres of woodland, gardens and coastline, you can already start planning those adventures, at Sheringham they actively encourage you to try your hand at den building! There are numerous marked walking trails which are superb for safe, off road cycling, wild flower meadows and even a bug hunting area. If you can drag yourself away the fabulous sandy beaches are just a 20 minute walk away or further down the coast at Blakeney Quay you can try crabbing or join a seal watching boat trip! Sheringham high street is a hive of sea front shops, cafes, pubs and restaurants and there are so many visitor attractions nearby you’ll be spoilt for choice.
The Splash leisure pool is less than a ten minute drive and if you are looking for more ways to entertain your family during your stay we also run events and activities at Sheringham Park and many of our Norfolk properties throughout the year. For some inspiration click on the ‘Nearby’ tab above.
The cottage's layout
- First floor
- open plan kitchen/sitting/dining room with beamed ceiling, three bedrooms (1 double, 1 twin and 1 single), bathroom with shower over bath.
Heating: Oil central heating included.
Parking: Available for two cars below the barn.
Garden: There is a small grassed area for sitting outside.
Utilities/Electricals: The washing machine and tumble dryer are in a communal laundry that is located on the ground floor of the barns. A dishwasher was added to 1 Cart Lodge Barn from 1 December 2013.
Please note: Located on a working farm, noise may be heard.
Storage: Cycle storage provided.
Offers: Holiday Cottage guests have free entry to a selection of local National Trust properties during their stay (listings in cottage welcome folder).
- Let starts
- Min stay
- Dogs allowed
- Cottage ref
- Acorn rating What's this?
- Beach nearby
- Pub nearby
- Coast nearby
- Railway nearby
- Garden appeal
- Shared tumble dryer
- Shared washing machine
- Double bed
Things to see and do nearby
- East Anglia
The ancient kingdom of East Anglia has preserved much of its unspoilt character, rural landscape, architecture and traditions with attractions ranging from the University city of Cambridge and the Cathedral city of Ely, to glorious, often deserted, sandy beaches, lots of seaside fun, outdoor pursuits and the unspoilt waterways of The Broads. National Trust places in East Anglia are equally varied, ranging from the magnificent Blickling Hall in Norfolk, the impressive rotunda at Ickworth, near Bury St. Edmunds, the elegant Anglesey Abbey, to the dramatic coastline at Dunwich Heath, with its neighbouring RSPB sanctuary and the Anglo-Saxon royal burial site at Sutton Hoo.
- Current cottage
- Holiday cottage
place to visit
- Cluster of pins Shows number of grouped pins. Zoom in to see individual pins
- bird watching
- horse riding
National Trust places to visit
- Sheringham Park
- Spectacular landscape park and woodland garden with miles of footpaths and stunning coastal views
- Felbrigg Hall, Gardens and Estate
- One of the most elegant country houses in East Anglia
- Blickling Estate
- Magnificent Jacobean house with gardens and park
- Blakeney National Nature Reserve
- An extensive area of saltmarsh, vegetated shingle, dunes and grazing marsh
- Brancaster Estate
- Extensive coastal area famous for wild birds
Comments from past visitors
- February 2014
- March 2013
Molly and Susan
What it will cost
- VAT at the current rate
- Linen, heating and electricity (except where shown in the cottage details)
(not included in the price table above)
- A non-refundable £10 charge is not included, and will be added to the total price of your holiday to cover the cost of accidental breakages
- Unfortunately we cannot accept website bookings more than 15 months in advance. Please call 0344 335 1287 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to enquire about future cottage bookings and reservations.
- As part of the annual pricing review of all its cottages the National Trust reserves the right to move individual cottages up or down the price bands and to alter date breaks. We also reserve the right to charge supplements for certain cottages for specific dates covering special events, e.g. Rosetta Cottages on the Isle of Wight during Cowes week. We will notify you of any special event supplements at the time of booking.