1 Coastguard Cottage
West Gower, Swansea+ Add to favourites
- WiFi is available free of charge to guests at this cottage.
This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.
Overlooking the stunning and dramatic beach at Rhossili this former Station Officers house was built in 1928. With views over the beach, Worm's Head and South Gower its location is unique: literally the last house before the 'Worm'. The adjoining cottages house the National Trust Shop and Visitor Centre.
The cottage's layout
- Ground floor
- kitchen, dining room, shower room with lavatory and sitting room with a wood burning stove.
- First floor
- three large bedrooms (2 double and 1 twin) and bathroom.
Heating: Oil central heating included.
Parking: Parking available for two cars.
Please note: During the busy summer period vehicles may also be parked in the field by the cottage.
Things to see and do nearby
- South Wales
South Wales is a region rich in natural resources. Beautiful valleys which once saw the growth of some of Britain's greatest industries, offer visitors magnificent scenery and glimpses of the past. Much of the outstanding natural beauty of the area remains untouched. It is a land of contrasts, mountains and moorlands, forest and farmland and magnificent stretches of unspoilt coastline. The National Trust's interests in South Wales include large areas of the Brecon Beacons, Pembrokeshire and Gower, as well as the Dolaucothi Gold Mines, spectacular Aberdulais Falls and the Tudor Merchant's House in Tenby.
- Gower Peninsula
The Gower peninsula is a stunning unspoilt coastal landscape, 5,500 acres of which are owned by the National Trust and was the first place in Britain to be designated an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. An exceptionally mild climate, picturesque villages, free-roaming ponies in large areas of open common, ruined castles and a wealth of archaeology add to its enchantment. South Gower boasts internationally renowned beaches of rocky coves and golden sands. On West Gower the expanses of Rhossili and Whiteford beaches and the famous landmark, Worm's Head, are popular with visitors. North Gower in contrast provides a sweeping estuary of tidal salt marsh grazed by ponies and sheep, while the beautiful seaside village of Mumbles and the city centre of Swansea are just a stone's throw away.
- Current cottage
- Holiday cottage
place to visit
- Cluster of pins Shows number of grouped pins. Zoom in to see individual pins
- Whiteford Gower Heritage Centre
- Bird watching
- Pony Trekking
- Wildlife watching
- Mountain biking
National Trust places to visit
- Gower: Rhossili Shop and Visitor Centre
- Large National Trust shop and Visitor Centre set amongst spectacular countryside and beaches
- Tudor Merchant's House
- Late 15th-century town house
- Colby Woodland Garden
- Beautiful woodland garden with year-round interest
- Aberdulais Falls
- Famous waterfalls and fascinating industrial site with tin workers' exhibition
- Dinefwr Park and Castle
- 12th-century Welsh castle, historic house and 18th-century landscape park, enclosing a medieval deer park
- Stackpole Estate
- Beautiful and varied stretch of the Pembrokeshire coast
Comments from past visitors
- February 2014
The Turner Family
- October 2013
- August 2013
Paul and Chrissie Mines
What it will cost
- VAT at the current rate
- Linen, heating and electricity (except where shown in the cottage details)
(not included in the price table above)
- A non-refundable £10 charge is not included, and will be added to the total price of your holiday to cover the cost of accidental breakages
- Unfortunately we cannot accept website bookings more than 15 months in advance. Please call 0344 335 1287 or email email@example.com to enquire about future cottage bookings and reservations.
- As part of the annual pricing review of all its cottages the National Trust reserves the right to move individual cottages up or down the price bands and to alter date breaks. We also reserve the right to charge supplements for certain cottages for specific dates covering special events, e.g. Rosetta Cottages on the Isle of Wight during Cowes week. We will notify you of any special event supplements at the time of booking.