2 Cart Lodge Barn
Upper Sheringham, Norfolk+ Add to favourites
This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.
Set over two floors of this converted barn this cosy accommodation is the ideal location for a romantic holiday for two. You can sit outside the barns enjoying the peaceful setting while keeping an eye out for the resident barn owl or at night star gazing. The nearest sandy beach and the lovely seaside resort of Sheringham is just a pleasant twenty minute walk across the fields and cliff top golf course.
There are numerous trails for walking and cycling which lead from the doorstep through the neighbouring Sheringham Park estate which boasts fine mature woodlands, gardens and an annual spectacular show of rhododendrons and azaleas. The estate is home to Muntjac, Roe and Red Deer and attracts more than 100 species of birds each year so walks are sure to be eventful and are accessible to you at all times. It has a café and a small country hotel restaurant and bar if you wanted to stop for a well-deserved drink along the way.
This is an excellent base for exploring the beautiful North Norfolk coast with extensive beaches, seal watching trips from nearby Blakeney Quay and numerous pretty countryside villages and market towns to discover. We have several properties to visit within easy reach of Sheringham, many also offering activities and events throughout the year. For inspiration click on the ‘Nearby’ tab above.
The cottage's layout
- Ground floor
- hallway, double bedroom with brass iron bed, bathroom with shower over bath.
- First floor
- Open plan kitchen, dining room/sitting room with beamed ceiling.
Heating: Oil central heating included.
Parking: Covered parking available alongside the barn.
Garden: There is a small grassed area for sitting outside.
Accessibility: The bedroom and bathroom are on the ground floor but the cottage may not be suitable for all wheelchair users.
Utilities/Electricals: The washing machine and tumble dryer are in a communal laundry that is located on the ground floor of the barns. A dishwasher was added to 2 Cart Lodge Barn from 1 December 2013.
Please note: Located on a working farm, noise may be heard.
Storage: Cycle storage provided.
Offers: Holiday Cottage guests have free entry to a selection of local National Trust properties during their stay (listings in cottage welcome folder).
- Let starts
- Min stay
- Dogs allowed
- Cottage ref
- Acorn rating What's this?
- Beach nearby
- Pub nearby
- Coast nearby
- Railway nearby
- Garden appeal
- Shared tumble dryer
- Shared washing machine
- Double bed
Things to see and do nearby
- East Anglia
The ancient kingdom of East Anglia has preserved much of its unspoilt character, rural landscape, architecture and traditions with attractions ranging from the University city of Cambridge and the Cathedral city of Ely, to glorious, often deserted, sandy beaches, lots of seaside fun, outdoor pursuits and the unspoilt waterways of The Broads. National Trust places in East Anglia are equally varied, ranging from the magnificent Blickling Hall in Norfolk, the impressive rotunda at Ickworth, near Bury St. Edmunds, the elegant Anglesey Abbey, to the dramatic coastline at Dunwich Heath, with its neighbouring RSPB sanctuary and the Anglo-Saxon royal burial site at Sutton Hoo.
- Current cottage
- Holiday cottage
place to visit
- Cluster of pins Shows number of grouped pins. Zoom in to see individual pins
- bird watching
- horse riding
National Trust places to visit
- Sheringham Park
- Spectacular landscape park and woodland garden with miles of footpaths and stunning coastal views
- Felbrigg Hall, Gardens and Estate
- One of the most elegant country houses in East Anglia
- Blickling Estate
- Magnificent Jacobean house with gardens and park
- Blakeney National Nature Reserve
- An extensive area of saltmarsh, vegetated shingle, dunes and grazing marsh
- Brancaster Estate
- Extensive coastal area famous for wild birds
Comments from past visitors
- December 2013
- November 2013
Mr & Mrs Nokes
What it will cost
- VAT at the current rate
- Linen, heating and electricity (except where shown in the cottage details)
(not included in the price table above)
- A non-refundable £10 charge is not included, and will be added to the total price of your holiday to cover the cost of accidental breakages
- Unfortunately we cannot accept website bookings more than 15 months in advance. Please call 0344 335 1287 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to enquire about future cottage bookings and reservations.
- As part of the annual pricing review of all its cottages the National Trust reserves the right to move individual cottages up or down the price bands and to alter date breaks. We also reserve the right to charge supplements for certain cottages for specific dates covering special events, e.g. Rosetta Cottages on the Isle of Wight during Cowes week. We will notify you of any special event supplements at the time of booking.