2 Currendon Cottages
Swanage, Dorset+ Add to favourites
This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.
This shares its neighbour's splendid views and garden, and has an open fire in the sitting room. Both cottages form a comfortable base for exploring Bournemouth, the New Forest, and the rolling Dorset countryside.
The cottage's layout
- Ground floor
- kitchen/dining room, sitting room with open fire.
- First floor
- two bedrooms (1 double and 1 twin) and bathroom with shower over bath.
Heating: Night storage heating included.
Garden: There is a shared garden that looks out over fields and hillsides towards Swanage Bay.
Parking: There is parking available for up to three cars at the property.
Utilities: Shared laundry facilities with No. 1 Currendon Cottage in adjacent building.
Castaway Boat Charters - to help you make the most of your holiday Castaway Boat Charters are offering you the chance to experience the amazing scenery from the flybridge and sunbeds whilst cruising the Jurassic Coast or anchored in a secluded bay, aboard a 45ft, high performance cruiser - fully equipped including a BBQ and perfect for family celebrations, romantic sunset cruises, firework nights, group parties and corporate events.
Friendly experienced skipper offering affordable ‘one hour’ harbour cruises, day trips, half day bookings and evening cruises.
Available all year round – subject to Castaway Boat Charters terms and conditions.
To book visit www.castawaycharters.co.uk or call 07860793450 - remember to mention the National Trust and the name of your holiday cottage when making your enquiry.
- Let starts
- Min stay
- Dogs allowed
- Yes, 1
- Cottage ref
- Acorn rating What's this?
- Dogs welcome
- Open fire / stove
- Coast nearby
- Shared tumble dryer
- Shared washing machine
- Double bed
- If you would like a copy of the access statement for this cottage please call the booking office on 0344 335 1287
Things to see and do nearby
- South West England
The South West region is probably England's most well-known holiday hotspot, being home to some of the most famous seaside resorts. Pretty villages and harbours in Cornwall, many with sweeping sandy beaches, such as St Ives, Polzeath and Port Isaac to name but a few, give way to sophisticated seaside resorts in Devon and Dorset which include Bournemouth, Torquay and Ilfracombe. The history of this region is unrivalled; Wiltshire's spectacular downland and the stone circles at Avebury and Stonehenge, through Hardy's Dorset, dramatic Dartmoor and gentler Exmoor, to the mining landscapes of Cornwall and West Devon, which are now recognised as being of international significance, having been awarded World Heritage Site status in 2006. The Trust protects 370 miles of the coastline in Devon and Cornwall and, wherever you are in the two far western counties, you're never more than 25 miles from the sea. As well as this peninsula, the Trust also cares for much of the countryside in Gloucestershire, Somerset, Wiltshire and Dorset and a wide array of fascinating properties to visit and explore. Not surprisingly, perhaps, this area is also home to the widest selection of National Trust holiday cottages.
- Isle of Purbeck
The Isle of Purbeck is an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty to the west of Bournemouth. It is characterised by stone villages, heath and farmland, criss-crossed with minor roads and tracks and dominated by the impressive and dramatic ruins of Corfe Castle. One of our cottages stands below the huge ramparts of the castle, whilst others are on the edge of miles of heathland or close to the Arne Bird Sanctuary. Studland Beach, near Swanage, is a three mile stretch of glorious sandy beach, part of which is designated as a naturist area and behind which is a National Nature Reserve. One of our holiday homes has views across Studland Bay whilst the other two are outside the village with views to Swanage Bay.
National Trust places nearby include Corfe Castle, Brownsea Island, Clouds Hill, Studland Beach. Beaches are at Studland and Swanage. and other attractions in the area include the South West Coast Path, Swanage steam railway, Corfe Castle Model Village and Gardens and The Ginger Pop Shop, Blue Pool and Poole Harbour. There are lots of activities to enjoy including walking, birdwatching, fishing, watersports, horse riding and golf.
- Current cottage
- Holiday cottage
place to visit
- Cluster of pins Shows number of grouped pins. Zoom in to see individual pins
- South West Coast Path
- Swanage steam railway
- Corfe Castle Model Village and Gardens and The Ginger Pop Shop
- Blue Pool
- Poole Harbour
- Bird watching
- horse riding
National Trust places to visit
- Studland Beach and Nature Reserve
- Vast area of sandy beaches and heathland
- Corfe Castle
- Thousand-year-old castle, an iconic survivor of the English Civil War, rising above the Isle of Purbeck
- Brownsea Island
- Peaceful island of woodland, wetland and heath with a wide variety of wildlife, famous for being the birthplace of Scouting and Guiding
- White Mill
- Corn mill with original wooden machinery in a peaceful riverside setting
- Kingston Lacy
- Elegant country mansion with important collections, set in attractive formal gardens and extensive parkland
- Clouds Hill
- The rural retreat of T. E. Lawrence
Comments from past visitors
- June 2013
- East Sussex
Dave&Paula +Rodge the dog
What it will cost
- VAT at the current rate
- Linen, heating and electricity (except where shown in the cottage details)
(not included in the price table above)
- A non-refundable £10 charge is not included, and will be added to the total price of your holiday to cover the cost of accidental breakages
- Unfortunately we cannot accept website bookings more than 15 months in advance. Please call 0344 335 1287 or email email@example.com to enquire about future cottage bookings and reservations.
- As part of the annual pricing review of all its cottages the National Trust reserves the right to move individual cottages up or down the price bands and to alter date breaks. We also reserve the right to charge supplements for certain cottages for specific dates covering special events, e.g. Rosetta Cottages on the Isle of Wight during Cowes week. We will notify you of any special event supplements at the time of booking.