3 Cart Lodge Barn
Upper Sheringham, Norfolk+ Add to favourites
This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.
This well-equipped converted barn is set over two floors and is the ideal base for two. From the kitchen you have distant sea views encouraging you to follow the track to the wonderful beach across the fields and cliff tops, just a twenty minute walk away. There is something special about sitting outside and enjoying a morning coffee in this tranquil setting with the sound of a steam train crossing the estate on the Poppy Line Steam Railway.
As well as the coast, you also have Sheringham Park on your doorstep with 770 acres of woodland and parkland to explore. The park is perfect for long dog walks and can be accessed whatever the time of day. It is home to an array of wildlife boasting three varieties of deer and a vast collection of rhododendrons and azaleas so you will never be bored. For a change of scenery, potter around the high street and sea front shops, cafes, pubs and restaurants of Sheringham or wander across the park to the small country hotel restaurant and bar just ten minutes away.
You have excellent beaches all the way along of the Norfolk coast and popular coastal towns such as Cromer to visit. Norwich is under an hour away. We have several properties to visit within easy reach of Sheringham, many also offering activities and events throughout the year, for inspiration click on the ‘Nearby’ tab above.
The cottage's layout
- Ground floor
- small hallway, bathroom with shower over bath, kitchen/dining room.
- First floor
- studio sitting room with brass and iron double bed.
Heating: Oil central heating included.
Parking: Covered parking available alongside the barn.
Garden: There is a small grassed area for sitting outside.
Utilities/Electricals: The washing machine and tumble dryer are in a communal laundry that is located on the ground floor of the barns. A dishwasher was added to 3 Cart Lodge Barn from 1 December 2013.
Please note: Located on a working farm, noise may be heard.
The living room and bedroom are in the same room.
Storage: Cycle storage provided.
Offers: Holiday Cottage guests have free entry to a selection of local National Trust properties during their stay (listings in cottage welcome folder).
- Let starts
- Min stay
- Dogs allowed
- Yes, 1
- Cottage ref
- Acorn rating What's this?
- Dogs welcome
- Beach nearby
- Pub nearby
- Coast nearby
- Railway nearby
- Garden appeal
- Shared tumble dryer
- Shared washing machine
- Double bed
Things to see and do nearby
- East Anglia
The ancient kingdom of East Anglia has preserved much of its unspoilt character, rural landscape, architecture and traditions with attractions ranging from the University city of Cambridge and the Cathedral city of Ely, to glorious, often deserted, sandy beaches, lots of seaside fun, outdoor pursuits and the unspoilt waterways of The Broads. National Trust places in East Anglia are equally varied, ranging from the magnificent Blickling Hall in Norfolk, the impressive rotunda at Ickworth, near Bury St. Edmunds, the elegant Anglesey Abbey, to the dramatic coastline at Dunwich Heath, with its neighbouring RSPB sanctuary and the Anglo-Saxon royal burial site at Sutton Hoo.
- Current cottage
- Holiday cottage
place to visit
- Cluster of pins Shows number of grouped pins. Zoom in to see individual pins
- bird watching
- horse riding
National Trust places to visit
- Sheringham Park
- Spectacular landscape park and woodland garden with miles of footpaths and stunning coastal views
- Felbrigg Hall, Gardens and Estate
- One of the most elegant country houses in East Anglia
- Blickling Estate
- Magnificent Jacobean house with gardens and park
- Blakeney National Nature Reserve
- An extensive area of saltmarsh, vegetated shingle, dunes and grazing marsh
- Brancaster Estate
- Extensive coastal area famous for wild birds
Comments from past visitors
- February 2014
Lindsay and Terry
Linda and Nick
Audrey and David
What it will cost
- VAT at the current rate
- Linen, heating and electricity (except where shown in the cottage details)
(not included in the price table above)
- A non-refundable £10 charge is not included, and will be added to the total price of your holiday to cover the cost of accidental breakages
- Unfortunately we cannot accept website bookings more than 15 months in advance. Please call 0344 335 1287 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to enquire about future cottage bookings and reservations.
- As part of the annual pricing review of all its cottages the National Trust reserves the right to move individual cottages up or down the price bands and to alter date breaks. We also reserve the right to charge supplements for certain cottages for specific dates covering special events, e.g. Rosetta Cottages on the Isle of Wight during Cowes week. We will notify you of any special event supplements at the time of booking.