4 Park Gates
Blickling, Aylsham, Norfolk+ Add to favourites
This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.
Two former estate workers' cottages have been combined to create one spacious, airy detached cottage that is ideal for a relaxed holiday with family and friends. It is at the heart of the Blickling estate and is set in a large enclosed private garden making it popular with our visitors and their dogs.
Spend days exploring the numerous trails that crisscross this impressive estate, ideal for long dog walks, stopping off at the estates Muddy Boots' café for refreshments along the way. During the fishing season there is excellent, free, coarse fishing available on nearby Blickling lake. The cottage has two fires to curl up in front of but if you can drag yourself away round off an evening Blickling's traditional pub, The Buckinghamshire Arms, just minutes’ walk away.
The sandy beaches and cliff top paths of the Norfolk coast are within 20 minutes drive, the Georgian market town of Aylsham is less than 3 miles away and the cathedral city of Norwich only half an hour by car. If you are looking for other ways to entertain your family during your stay we run events and activities at many of our Norfolk properties throughout the year. For inspiration click on the ‘Nearby’ tab above.
The cottage's layout
- Ground floor
- kitchen, utility room, dining room, sitting room with multi-fuel stove, second sitting room with small open fire, door to garden and boot room, shower room.
- First floor
- 3 doubles (1 with 5' bed, 1 with 6' bed which can be a twin on request, 1 with 4'6" bed) and 1 twin. Two bathrooms - 1 with shower over bath and 1 with mixer tap attachment.
Heating: Oil central heating included.
Parking: There is ample parking for four cars within the enclosed garden.
Garden: The cottage is close to the gates to Blickling Park which is popular with walkers, however, the large lawned garden is hedged along this side to provide privacy, the seating area is on the opposite side of the cottage.
Accessibility: Stairs are straight but steep with narrow treads and there are steps between the bedrooms and bathrooms.
Please Note: August Bank Holiday Monday Aylsham agricultural show is held on the park and the area will be busy all day/evening and possibly over the weekend before for preparation.
Storage: Cycle storage provided.
Offers: Holiday guests have free access to the house and gardens during normal opening hours and selected
local National Trust places during their stay.
- Let starts
- Min stay
- Dogs allowed
- Yes, 2
- Cottage ref
- Acorn rating What's this?
- Dogs welcome
- Open fire / stove
- Pub nearby
- Coast nearby
- Railway nearby
- Garden appeal
- Tumble dryer
- Washing machine
- Double bed
Things to see and do nearby
- East Anglia
The ancient kingdom of East Anglia has preserved much of its unspoilt character, rural landscape, architecture and traditions with attractions ranging from the University city of Cambridge and the Cathedral city of Ely, to glorious, often deserted, sandy beaches, lots of seaside fun, outdoor pursuits and the unspoilt waterways of The Broads. National Trust places in East Anglia are equally varied, ranging from the magnificent Blickling Hall in Norfolk, the impressive rotunda at Ickworth, near Bury St. Edmunds, the elegant Anglesey Abbey, to the dramatic coastline at Dunwich Heath, with its neighbouring RSPB sanctuary and the Anglo-Saxon royal burial site at Sutton Hoo.
- Current cottage
- Holiday cottage
place to visit
- Cluster of pins Shows number of grouped pins. Zoom in to see individual pins
- Norwich city
- Norfolk Broads
- North Norfolk coast
- weekly markets and auctions
- seal trips.
- Bird watching
- Nature Trails
National Trust places to visit
- Blickling Estate
- Magnificent Jacobean house with gardens and park
- Felbrigg Hall, Gardens and Estate
- One of the most elegant country houses in East Anglia
- Sheringham Park
- Spectacular landscape park and woodland garden with miles of footpaths and stunning coastal views
- Blakeney National Nature Reserve
- An extensive area of saltmarsh, vegetated shingle, dunes and grazing marsh
- Heigham Holmes
- A delicate and unique island in the Norfolk Broads
Comments from past visitors
- January 2014
- December 2013
- October 2013
- Greater Manchester
What it will cost
- VAT at the current rate
- Linen, heating and electricity (except where shown in the cottage details)
(not included in the price table above)
- A non-refundable £10 charge is not included, and will be added to the total price of your holiday to cover the cost of accidental breakages
- Christmas Supplement - 18 Dec 2014 to 31 Dec 2014 GBP45 per night
- Christmas Supplement - 18 Dec 2015 to 31 Dec 2015 GBP45 per night
- Christmas Supplement - 18 Dec 2016 to 31 Dec 2016 GBP45 per night
- Unfortunately we cannot accept website bookings more than 15 months in advance. Please call 0344 335 1287 or email email@example.com to enquire about future cottage bookings and reservations.
- As part of the annual pricing review of all its cottages the National Trust reserves the right to move individual cottages up or down the price bands and to alter date breaks. We also reserve the right to charge supplements for certain cottages for specific dates covering special events, e.g. Rosetta Cottages on the Isle of Wight during Cowes week. We will notify you of any special event supplements at the time of booking.