524 Pamphill Green Cottage
Wimborne Minster, Dorset+ Add to favourites
This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.
A delightful semi-detached thatched cottage tucked away in a quiet part of the Kingston Lacy estate. On the edge of the undulating Cranborne Chase and close to the attractive town of Wimborne Minster, this cottage is within easy reach of the Dorset coast and perfectly situated for exploring the delights of both Dorset and south Wiltshire countryside.
The cottage's layout
- Ground floor
- sitting room with wood-burning stove, dining room and kitchen.
- First floor
- two bedrooms (1 double with 5' bed, 1 twin) and bathroom.
Heating: Night storage heating included.
Garden: Open lawn to the front of the cottage and informal garden to the back.
Parking: Parking is available for one car with further parking at the end of the track. Approach is down an uneven track and should be approached with care.
Utilities/Electricals: The washing machine and tumble dryer are a combined washer/dryer.
Please Note: The stairs in the cottage are very steep and narrow.
Care should be taken by tall visitors due to low doorways, beams and ceilings.
Castaway Boat Charters - to help you make the most of your holiday Castaway Boat Charters are offering you the chance to experience the amazing scenery from the flybridge and sunbeds whilst cruising the Jurassic Coast or anchored in a secluded bay, aboard a 45ft, high performance cruiser - fully equipped including a BBQ and perfect for family celebrations, romantic sunset cruises, firework nights, group parties and corporate events.
Friendly experienced skipper offering affordable ‘one hour’ harbour cruises, day trips, half day bookings and evening cruises.
Available all year round – subject to Castaway Boat Charters terms and conditions.
To book visit www.castawaycharters.co.uk or call 07860793450 - remember to mention the National Trust and the name of your holiday cottage when making your enquiry.
- Let starts
- Min stay
- Dogs allowed
- Yes, 2
- Cottage ref
- Acorn rating What's this?
- Dogs welcome
- Open fire / stove
- Pub nearby
- Tumble dryer
- Washing machine
- Double bed
- If you would like a copy of the access statement for this cottage please call the booking office on 0344 335 1287
Things to see and do nearby
- South West England
The South West region is probably England's most well-known holiday hotspot, being home to some of the most famous seaside resorts. Pretty villages and harbours in Cornwall, many with sweeping sandy beaches, such as St Ives, Polzeath and Port Isaac to name but a few, give way to sophisticated seaside resorts in Devon and Dorset which include Bournemouth, Torquay and Ilfracombe. The history of this region is unrivalled; Wiltshire's spectacular downland and the stone circles at Avebury and Stonehenge, through Hardy's Dorset, dramatic Dartmoor and gentler Exmoor, to the mining landscapes of Cornwall and West Devon, which are now recognised as being of international significance, having been awarded World Heritage Site status in 2006. The Trust protects 370 miles of the coastline in Devon and Cornwall and, wherever you are in the two far western counties, you're never more than 25 miles from the sea. As well as this peninsula, the Trust also cares for much of the countryside in Gloucestershire, Somerset, Wiltshire and Dorset and a wide array of fascinating properties to visit and explore. Not surprisingly, perhaps, this area is also home to the widest selection of National Trust holiday cottages.
- Dorset Coast
Dorset is Thomas Hardy country - an appealing mixture of rolling heath land, secluded valleys, picturesque villages, great houses and estates, and a coastline awash with natural beauty. The spectacular Jurassic Coast is just one of the many wonders Dorset has to offer and has shaped the county?s history - from the rugged Isle of Purbeck and the sweeping Chesil Beach to the quaint charm of Lyme Regis and Brownsea Island in Poole Harbour. National Trust properties in Dorset include Corfe Castle, Kingston Lacy and Clouds Hill once the cottage retreat of T E Lawrence (Lawrence of Arabia), while other attractions include the seaside resort of Bournemouth and the county town of Dorchester.
- Current cottage
- Holiday cottage
place to visit
- Cluster of pins Shows number of grouped pins. Zoom in to see individual pins
- Iron Age hill fort of Badbury Rings
- Swanage to Corfe Castle steam railway 15 miles
- Horse riding
National Trust places to visit
- Kingston Lacy
- Elegant country mansion with important collections, set in attractive formal gardens and extensive parkland
- White Mill
- Corn mill with original wooden machinery in a peaceful riverside setting
- Brownsea Island
- Peaceful island of woodland, wetland and heath with a wide variety of wildlife, famous for being the birthplace of Scouting and Guiding
- Studland Beach and Nature Reserve
- Vast area of sandy beaches and heathland
- Corfe Castle
- Thousand-year-old castle, an iconic survivor of the English Civil War, rising above the Isle of Purbeck
- Clouds Hill
- The rural retreat of T. E. Lawrence
Comments from past visitors
- February 2014
- December 2013
Jane and Chris
Philip and family
What it will cost
- VAT at the current rate
- Linen, heating and electricity (except where shown in the cottage details)
(not included in the price table above)
- A non-refundable £10 charge is not included, and will be added to the total price of your holiday to cover the cost of accidental breakages
- Unfortunately we cannot accept website bookings more than 15 months in advance. Please call 0344 335 1287 or email email@example.com to enquire about future cottage bookings and reservations.
- As part of the annual pricing review of all its cottages the National Trust reserves the right to move individual cottages up or down the price bands and to alter date breaks. We also reserve the right to charge supplements for certain cottages for specific dates covering special events, e.g. Rosetta Cottages on the Isle of Wight during Cowes week. We will notify you of any special event supplements at the time of booking.