89 Church Lawn
Stourton, Wiltshire+ Add to favourites
- WiFi is available free of charge to guestsat this cottage
This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.
This charming stone cottage stands right at the entrance to the garden at Stourhead, overlooking its own lawned area to the village church across the lane. Out of the front door, turn right and the garden of Stourhead is there to be enjoyed daily with its temples, monuments, rare trees and plants set around the magnificent lake.
The cottage's layout
- Ground floor
- dining room, kitchen with breakfast table and seating, sitting room with open fire, utility room with lavatory.
- First floor
- four bedrooms (2 double with 5' beds, 1 twin, 1 single), bathroom with a bath with shower attachment, shower room.
Heating: Central heating included. The open fire in the dining room is not in use.
Gardens: The sloping gardens to the rear are enclosed and have several steps.
Parking: There is no parking outside the cottage. Visitors will be able to unload from the road (50 metres away). Parking is available in the Spread Eagle Car Park (190 metres away).
Telephone: There is no telephone at this cottage.
Offers: Cottage guests get free entry to the property and discount in the shop and restaurant by showing their booking confirmation.
Things to see and do nearby
- South West England
The South West region is probably England's most well-known holiday hotspot, being home to some of the most famous seaside resorts. Pretty villages and harbours in Cornwall, many with sweeping sandy beaches, such as St Ives, Polzeath and Port Isaac to name but a few, give way to sophisticated seaside resorts in Devon and Dorset which include Bournemouth, Torquay and Ilfracombe. The history of this region is unrivalled; Wiltshire's spectacular downland and the stone circles at Avebury and Stonehenge, through Hardy's Dorset, dramatic Dartmoor and gentler Exmoor, to the mining landscapes of Cornwall and West Devon, which are now recognised as being of international significance, having been awarded World Heritage Site status in 2006. The Trust protects 370 miles of the coastline in Devon and Cornwall and, wherever you are in the two far western counties, you're never more than 25 miles from the sea. As well as this peninsula, the Trust also cares for much of the countryside in Gloucestershire, Somerset, Wiltshire and Dorset and a wide array of fascinating properties to visit and explore. Not surprisingly, perhaps, this area is also home to the widest selection of National Trust holiday cottages.
- Current cottage
- Holiday cottage
place to visit
- Cluster of pins Shows number of grouped pins. Zoom in to see individual pins
- Mere and Shaftesbury with the iconic Hovis Hill
National Trust places to visit
- World-famous 18th-century landscape garden, Palladian mansion, parkland, woods and chalk downs
- West Pennard Court Barn
- 15th-century barn with an unusual roof
- Philipps House and Dinton Park
- Early 19th-century neo-Grecian house
- Little Clarendon
- Late 15th-century stone house
- Westwood Manor
- 15th-century stone manor house
- Lytes Cary Manor
- Intimate manor house with Arts and Crafts-style garden
Comments from past visitors
- February 2014
- November 2013
- September 2013
What it will cost
- VAT at the current rate
- Linen, heating and electricity (except where shown in the cottage details)
(not included in the price table above)
- A non-refundable £10 charge is not included, and will be added to the total price of your holiday to cover the cost of accidental breakages
- Unfortunately we cannot accept website bookings more than 15 months in advance. Please call 0844 335 1287 or email email@example.com to enquire about future cottage bookings and reservations.
- As part of the annual pricing review of all its cottages the National Trust reserves the right to move individual cottages up or down the price bands and to alter date breaks. We also reserve the right to charge supplements for certain cottages for specific dates covering special events, e.g. Rosetta Cottages on the Isle of Wight during Cowes week. We will notify you of any special event supplements at the time of booking.