This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.
This lovely former agent's waterside house enjoys a prime location on Brownsea Island, which is renowned for its natural beauty, beaches and wildlife. With its own private garden overlooking the lagoon and stunning sea views, this cottage is just 3m from the water's edge. It is ideal for birdwatchers and ramblers, and is the perfect base for exploring this unique and very special island, with its thriving natural habitats including woodland and heathland.
The cottage's layout
- Ground floor
- Entrance hall, dining room, sitting room with open fire and kitchen.
- First floor
- three bedrooms (double with 5' bed, double with 6' bed which can also be a twin on request, twin room)bathroom with bath and separate shower.
Electric central heating included.
The house includes a combined washer/dryer.
Normal arrival time to the island is between 2.00pm and 4.30pm boats run from Sandbanks Jetty BH13 7QJ. If arriving later than this please contact the Property Office on 01202 707744 (by 1.30pm on the day of your arrival) to arrange a boat to the island and key collection.
During the summer season (Mar - Oct) boats also run from Poole Quay. If you wish to come to Brownsea Island from Poole Quay please call the Property Office to arrange boat passes at least 4 days in advance of your arrival.
We are sorry but no bicycles are allowed on the island. The cot in this cottage is a travel cot.
There is an island evening boat service to Sandbanks, full boat booking details will be given to you on arrival. The boat service does not run on 25, 26 Dec and 01 Jan.
Between November to March deer culling may take place on the island.
Free entry for cottage guests into the Dorset Widlife Trust reserve on Brownsea Island.
Cottage guests gain 20% discount in the shop and cafe on the island.
Cottage guests can gain access to the Castle Bar, open between 11.00-23.00 from March to October. A lunch time bar menu is available between 12.30-14.00 and must be prebooked the day before. Full details can be find in your cottage welcome folder.
- Let starts
- Min stay
- Dogs allowed
- Cottage ref
- Open Fire / Stove
- Coast nearby
- Railway nearby
- Beach nearby
- Remote Location
- Double bed
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- If you would like a copy of the access statement for this cottage please call the booking office on 0844 800 20 70
Things to see and do nearby
- South West England
The South West region is probably England's most well-known holiday hotspot, being home to some of the most famous seaside resorts. Pretty villages and harbours in Cornwall, many with sweeping sandy beaches, such as St Ives, Polzeath and Port Isaac to name but a few, give way to sophisticated seaside resorts in Devon and Dorset which include Bournemouth, Torquay and Ilfracombe. The history of this region is unrivalled; Wiltshire's spectacular downland and the stone circles at Avebury and Stonehenge, through Hardy's Dorset, dramatic Dartmoor and gentler Exmoor, to the mining landscapes of Cornwall and West Devon, which are now recognised as being of international significance, having been awarded World Heritage Site status in 2006. The Trust protects 370 miles of the coastline in Devon and Cornwall and, wherever you are in the two far western counties, you're never more than 25 miles from the sea. As well as this peninsula, the Trust also cares for much of the countryside in Gloucestershire, Somerset, Wiltshire and Dorset and a wide array of fascinating properties to visit and explore. Not surprisingly, perhaps, this area is also home to the widest selection of National Trust holiday cottages.
- Dorset Coast
Dorset is Thomas Hardy country - an appealing mixture of rolling heath land, secluded valleys, picturesque villages, great houses and estates, and a coastline awash with natural beauty. The spectacular Jurassic Coast is just one of the many wonders Dorset has to offer and has shaped the county?s history - from the rugged Isle of Purbeck and the sweeping Chesil Beach to the quaint charm of Lyme Regis and Brownsea Island in Poole Harbour. National Trust properties in Dorset include Corfe Castle, Kingston Lacy and Clouds Hill once the cottage retreat of T E Lawrence (Lawrence of Arabia), while other attractions include the seaside resort of Bournemouth and the county town of Dorchester.
- Current cottage
- Holiday cottage
place to visit
- Cluster of pins Shows number of grouped pins. Zoom in to see individual pins
- Bird watching
National Trust places to visit
- Brownsea Island
- Peaceful island of woodland, wetland and heath with a wide variety of wildlife, famous for being the birthplace of Scouting and Guiding
- Studland Beach and Nature Reserve
- Vast area of sandy beaches and heathland
- Corfe Castle
- Thousand-year-old castle, an iconic survivor of the English Civil War, rising above the Isle of Purbeck
- Kingston Lacy
- Elegant country mansion with important collections, set in attractive formal gardens and extensive parkland
- White Mill
- Corn mill with original wooden machinery in a peaceful riverside setting
- Clouds Hill
- The rural retreat of T. E. Lawrence
Comments from past visitors
- October 2012
What it will cost
- VAT at the current rate
- Linen, heating and electricity (except where shown in the cottage details)
(not included in the price table above)
- A non-refundable £10 charge is not included, and will be added to the total price of your holiday to cover the cost of accidental breakages
- Unfortunately we cannot accept website bookings more than 15 months in advance. Please call 0844 800 2070 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to enquire about future cottage bookings and reservations.
- As part of the annual pricing review of all its cottages the National Trust reserves the right to move individual cottages up or down the price bands and to alter date breaks. We also reserve the right to charge supplements for certain cottages for specific dates covering special events, e.g. Rosetta Cottages on the Isle of Wight during Cowes week. We will notify you of any special event supplements at the time of booking.