Newtownbutler, County Fermanagh+ Add to favourites
- WiFi is available free of charge to guests at this cottage.
This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.
Alder cottage sits at the heart of the Crom Estate, one of Ireland’s most important conservation areas. It is part of a courtyard complex of rustic cottages that have had many uses over the years from farm workers accommodation, a piggery, toy factory and now very popular holiday cottages. This two person cottage with it’s open fires, and large sunny bedroom is ideal for a romantic break and perfect for a honeymoon or second honeymoon!
Set in 2000 tranquil acres on the shores of Lough Erne you are surrounded by nature and wildlife. You could spend your whole holiday fishing, biking, kayaking and walking without ever needing to leave the Estate. The jetty is just 100 metres from the cottage, the perfect spot to sit back and watch the world float by or to set off by boat on an adventure to one of the islands.
The National Trust has events and activities at Crom to appeal to all ages. To find out more visit the web pages by clicking on the nearby tab, above, to see details of events, activities and highlights when planning your holiday.
The cottage's layout
- Ground floor
- kitchen, sitting/dining room with open fire.
- First floor
- one double bedroom, and bathroom with shower over bath.
Crom will offer 3-day fishing permits for 2 people for use for fishing on beautiful Lough Erne and other fantastic fishing locations in Co Fermanagh free to anyone booking a stay of a minimum 3 nights at this cottage.
Heating: Biomass heating included.
Garden: the cottage is surrounded by countryside with several picnic tables however there is not a designated garden area.
Parking: is avaiable in the courtyard immediately outside the cottage.
Accessibility: if you intend to fish during your stay you do have to cross a style to get to the fishing pegs. Disabled visitors are allowed to fish from the jetty.
Please note: from time to time weddings are celebrated at Crom and there may be some entertainment provided for the guests at the visitors centre until late evening.
Check out time on Sundays is now 12pm
- Let starts
- Any day except Sunday
- Min stay
- Dogs allowed
- Cottage ref
- Acorn rating What's this?
- Open fire / stove
- Shared telephone
- Shared tumble dryer
- Washing machine
- Double bed
- If you would like a copy of the access statement for this cottage please call the booking office on 0844 335 1287
Things to see and do nearby
- Northern Ireland
Northern Ireland offers some of the finest scenery in the British Isles. From the magnificent Causeway coast to the wooded Glens of Antrim, from the sheltered waters of Lough Erne to the romantic Mountains of Mourne, the region boasts mile after mile of verdant, unspoilt countryside, quiet roads and long sandy beaches. The National Trust in Northern Ireland protects 120 miles of coastline and 40 square miles of open country side from sections of the North Coast Path to Murlough National Nature Reserve, home to an array of attractive plants and birds. A selection of holiday cottages are available in the counties of Antrim, Down and Fermanagh. Stay at Crom Demesne and wander through this amazing array of open space and wildlife. Relax at the tranquil and beautiful Rose Cottage at Florence Court in Fermanagh or take in the stunning views of of the Mountains of Mourne from a holiday cottage on the shores of Dundrum Inner Bay. Close by you can visit a number of superb National Trust properties including the fascinating house and gardens of Mount Stewart and Castle Ward. Visit the wonderful Castle Coole in Enniskillen or enjoy the spectacular scenery from the Giant's Causeway, Northern Ireland's only World Heritage Site.
- Current cottage
- Holiday cottage
place to visit
- Cluster of pins Shows number of grouped pins. Zoom in to see individual pins
- Lough Erne canoe trail
- Lace museum in Bellanaleck
- Bird watching
National Trust places to visit
Comments from past visitors
What it will cost
- VAT at the current rate
- Linen, heating and electricity (except where shown in the cottage details)
(not included in the price table above)
- A non-refundable £10 charge is not included, and will be added to the total price of your holiday to cover the cost of accidental breakages
- Unfortunately we cannot accept website bookings more than 15 months in advance. Please call 0844 335 1287 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to enquire about future cottage bookings and reservations.
- As part of the annual pricing review of all its cottages the National Trust reserves the right to move individual cottages up or down the price bands and to alter date breaks. We also reserve the right to charge supplements for certain cottages for specific dates covering special events, e.g. Rosetta Cottages on the Isle of Wight during Cowes week. We will notify you of any special event supplements at the time of booking.