nr Yelverton, Devon+ Add to favourites
- WiFi is available free of charge to guests at this cottage.
This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.
A beautifully refurbished two bedroom and two bathroom cottage with its own private garden on the Buckland Abbey estate. Set just off of the main visitor route, guests will enjoy a peaceful and tranquil stay whilst being able to enjoy all the experience and activities that Buckland has to offer. Ideal for walkers, gardeners and families alike, the cottage is a cosy retreat brilliantly situated for exploring the Devon countryside and Dartmoor National Park. Near to Plymouth and the market town of Tavistock, there are many attractions and events to enjoy in the local area all year round.
The cottage's layout
- Ground floor
- sitting room with solid-fuel stove, kitchen/dining room, utility room.
- First floor
- two bedrooms (1 double with en suite shower room, 1 twin which can also be a double on request) bathroom with shower over bath.
Heating: Oil fired heating.
Garden: There is a small enclosed garden and a patio area.
Parking: Parking for one car close to the cottage and a further space in the visitor car park 250 metres away.
Please Note: There is a pond opposite the cottage so children should be supervised.
Vehicles and estate buggies operate in the area.
Adjacent farmland is used for grazing sheep and cattle so please do not disturb the animals.
Offers: Cottage guests have free entry to Buckland Abbey during opening hours and a free cream tea on arrival.
A free basket of logs wil be in the cottage upon arrival.
Cottage guests are provided with a 10% discount voucher for use in Buckland Abbey shop.
- Let starts
- Min stay
- Dogs allowed
- Yes, 1
- Cottage ref
- Acorn rating What's this?
- Dogs welcome
- Open fire / stove
- Pub nearby
- Garden appeal
- Tumble dryer
- Washing machine
- Double bed
- If you would like a copy of the access statement for this cottage please call the booking office on 0844 335 1287
Things to see and do nearby
- South West England
The South West region is probably England's most well-known holiday hotspot, being home to some of the most famous seaside resorts. Pretty villages and harbours in Cornwall, many with sweeping sandy beaches, such as St Ives, Polzeath and Port Isaac to name but a few, give way to sophisticated seaside resorts in Devon and Dorset which include Bournemouth, Torquay and Ilfracombe. The history of this region is unrivalled; Wiltshire's spectacular downland and the stone circles at Avebury and Stonehenge, through Hardy's Dorset, dramatic Dartmoor and gentler Exmoor, to the mining landscapes of Cornwall and West Devon, which are now recognised as being of international significance, having been awarded World Heritage Site status in 2006. The Trust protects 370 miles of the coastline in Devon and Cornwall and, wherever you are in the two far western counties, you're never more than 25 miles from the sea. As well as this peninsula, the Trust also cares for much of the countryside in Gloucestershire, Somerset, Wiltshire and Dorset and a wide array of fascinating properties to visit and explore. Not surprisingly, perhaps, this area is also home to the widest selection of National Trust holiday cottages.
- South Devon
South Devon is a vivid contrast to the rest of the county: almost a world within a world with an atmosphere and scenery all of its own. After the dramatic, rugged coastlines of North Devon, the high wilderness of Dartmoor and the settled rural charm of East Devon, here you have an extraordinarily vibrant land ablaze with the colours of the red sandstone cliffs, the exotic semi-tropical plants growing in the warm atmosphere, and the myriad greens and blues of the river estuaries burrowing their way deep into the pastoral landscape. There are beautiful coastal towns to discover, such as Salcombe, Dartmouth and Paignton, as well as inland towns like Kingsbridge and Totnes, steeped in history. With its mild and sunny climate, palm tree-lined seaside towns, estuaries filled with boats, and sandy beaches in sheltered coves, South Devon is a wonderful place for an annual holiday or short break.
- Current cottage
- Holiday cottage
place to visit
- Cluster of pins Shows number of grouped pins. Zoom in to see individual pins
- Morwellham Quay
- Burrator Reservoir
- Plymouth Marine Aquarium
- Tavistock Pannier Market
- Plym Valley Railway
- Dartmoor Visitor Centre Princetown
- Plymouth the -Historic Barbican
- and site of Pilgrim Steps
- bird watching
- boat trips.
National Trust places to visit
- Buckland Abbey
- 700-year-old home of Elizabethan seafarers Drake and Grenville, in beautiful Tavy Valley estate
- Tudor house with superb collections of textiles, armour and furniture, set in extensive grounds
- Magnificent Georgian house with opulent Robert Adam interiors, gardens, follies and landscape parkland
- Superb early 18th-century house set in parkland and fine gardens
- Lydford Gorge
- The deepest gorge in the South West, with spectacular 30 metre waterfall
- Former mill house
Comments from past visitors
- October 2013
Mrs Linda Goddard
- September 2013
- July 2013
What it will cost
- VAT at the current rate
- Linen, heating and electricity (except where shown in the cottage details)
(not included in the price table above)
- A non-refundable £10 charge is not included, and will be added to the total price of your holiday to cover the cost of accidental breakages
- Unfortunately we cannot accept website bookings more than 15 months in advance. Please call 0844 335 1287 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to enquire about future cottage bookings and reservations.
- As part of the annual pricing review of all its cottages the National Trust reserves the right to move individual cottages up or down the price bands and to alter date breaks. We also reserve the right to charge supplements for certain cottages for specific dates covering special events, e.g. Rosetta Cottages on the Isle of Wight during Cowes week. We will notify you of any special event supplements at the time of booking.