Coach House Loft
Wisbech, Cambridgeshire+ Add to favourites
This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.
Part of a converted coach house to the rear of Wainman House, this first floor apartment has a light and airy, yet warm and friendly feel. Access, through the former coach entrance gates, reveals a secluded inner courtyard which now provides a south facing outdoor seating area and private off road parking. Set within the historic quarter of Wisbech market town, just five minutes from the yacht harbour, the apartment is opposite more than 35 acres of National Trust parkland offering convenient walking opportunities from the doorstep. You will also be given a key to your own private entrance to Peckover's delightful garden for use on open and closed days. Free access to Peckover House and other selected NT properties during normal open hours.
The cottage's layout
- Ground floor
- entrance hall with utility room and stairs up to apartment.
- First floor
- open plan kitchen/dining/sitting room with sofa bed (double), 3 steps down to bathroom, walk through double bedroom to single.
Night storage heating included.
Visitors will notice passing traffic at all times including heavy vehicles. Entrance and exit to the car park area is directly on to a busy main road, care should be taken on entering and leaving.
Holiday Cottage guests have free entry to Peckover House and Garden and other selected National Trust properties during regular opening times. They have access to Peckover Garden at all times.
The Coach House Loft is available to rent both individually and as part of a larger property when combined with Wainman House
- 3 + 2
- Let starts
- Min stay
- Dogs allowed
- Cottage ref
- Acorn rating What's this?
- Pub nearby
- Garden appeal
- Sofa/folding bed
- Tumble dryer
- Washing machine
- Double bed
Things to see and do nearby
- East Anglia
The ancient kingdom of East Anglia has preserved much of its unspoilt character, rural landscape, architecture and traditions with attractions ranging from the University city of Cambridge and the Cathedral city of Ely, to glorious, often deserted, sandy beaches, lots of seaside fun, outdoor pursuits and the unspoilt waterways of The Broads. National Trust places in East Anglia are equally varied, ranging from the magnificent Blickling Hall in Norfolk, the impressive rotunda at Ickworth, near Bury St. Edmunds, the elegant Anglesey Abbey, to the dramatic coastline at Dunwich Heath, with its neighbouring RSPB sanctuary and the Anglo-Saxon royal burial site at Sutton Hoo.
- Current cottage
- Holiday cottage
place to visit
- Cluster of pins Shows number of grouped pins. Zoom in to see individual pins
- North Norfolk coast
- Brancaster RSPB and wildlife reserves
- sea-life and pier shows at Hunstanton
- Bird watching
National Trust places to visit
- Peckover House and Garden
- Elegant Georgian town house with wonderful walled garden
- St George's Guildhall
- England's largest surviving medieval Guildhall
- Ramsey Abbey Gatehouse
- Remains of a former Benedictine abbey
- Oxburgh Hall
- 15th-century moated manor house
- Wicken Fen National Nature Reserve
- The National Trust's oldest nature reserve, and England's most famous fen
- Houghton Mill
- Impressive working 18th-century watermill
Comments from past visitors
Stuart & Toby Reeve
Vicky, Ian, Jack and Charis
What it will cost
- VAT at the current rate
- Linen, heating and electricity (except where shown in the cottage details)
(not included in the price table above)
- A non-refundable £10 charge is not included, and will be added to the total price of your holiday to cover the cost of accidental breakages
- Unfortunately we cannot accept website bookings more than 15 months in advance. Please call 0844 335 1287 or email email@example.com to enquire about future cottage bookings and reservations.
- As part of the annual pricing review of all its cottages the National Trust reserves the right to move individual cottages up or down the price bands and to alter date breaks. We also reserve the right to charge supplements for certain cottages for specific dates covering special events, e.g. Rosetta Cottages on the Isle of Wight during Cowes week. We will notify you of any special event supplements at the time of booking.