Pwllheli, Gwynedd+ Add to favourites
This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.
Henfaes. Located right in the centre of the beautiful seaside fishing village of Aberdaron with its sandy beaches and coastal walks. These three stylish apartments are situated in Henfaes House, just 5 minutes walk from the beach. They consist of, Hywyn, a ground floor apartment which sleeps 6 +cot, Daron the 1st and 2nd floor apartment which sleeps 7+cot and Enlli the upside down cottage apartment which sleeps 4. The apartments share an enclosed garden. Henfaes is the perfect base from which to explore the stunning Llyn Peninsula and more beautiful beaches.
The cottage's layout
- Ground floor
- Entrance lobby
- First floor
- Bathroom with shower over bath, double bedroom with king size bed and en-suite bathroom with shower over bath, sitting room, kitchen/dining room.
- Other floor
- Three bedrooms (1 double, 1 twin, 1 single)
***********Local Construction Work 2013***********
During the Summer of 2013, construction of an ambitious new Visitor Centre adjacent to the Henfaes Apartments will take place. From the end of October onwards, it is expected that most of the work will be taking place on the interior of the building, although some exterior work may still be happening including all landscaping. The Visitor Centre is scheduled for completion by January 2014, so the work should be in its final phase. All work will take place between 8.00am and 4.30pm on weekdays, and there may be Weekend work. There will inevitably be disturbance when work is taking place and views severely impacted. Guests choosing to stay at Daron during this period will receive a discount of 15% with clear conditions applied against the discounted offer. The Henfaes Apartments continue to provide excellent accommodation for guests who are looking for a comfortable base in the heart of Aberdaron and who intend being out and about during the daytime exploring the beautiful Llyn Peninsula. More information on the proposed Visitor Centre is available on request from our Contact Centre.
Heating: Gas central heating included.
Parking: Two designated parking spaces within walking distance in National Trust car park.
Garden: A shared garden.
Please note: Henfaes consists of 3 holiday apartments and as such may be booked by 2 other parties at the same time. Being apartments, there may be some noise from other guests coming and going, although the property is sound proofed. Henfaes is not a stand alone single holiday cottage.
Television: Televisions and DVD players are provided but please note the television reception is poor.
- Let starts
- Min stay
- Dogs allowed
- Cottage ref
- Acorn rating What's this?
- Beach nearby
- Pub nearby
- Coast nearby
- Tumble dryer
- Washing machine
- Double bed
- If you would like a copy of the access statement for this cottage please call the booking office on 0844 335 1287
Things to see and do nearby
- North Wales
Renowned for the dramatic mountain scenery of Snowdonia with its lakes and rock-strewn mountain passes, North Wales also offers a surprisingly varied countryside, from the beautiful Conwy Valley to the tranquillity of the Isle of Anglesey. The coastline is equally diverse, with sandy beaches, rocky coves and spectacular cliffs - and standing proudly over the land and seascape are some of the country's mightiest castles such as Penrhyn. The National Trust owns some 60,000 acres of coast and countryside in North Wales, including some of the majestic mountains of Snowdonia, unspoilt coastline on the Llyn, and an array of historic houses and castles.
- Llyn Peninsula
The Llyn Peninsula is an eight mile wide strip of land just to the south-west of Caernarfon that is one of Wales\' finest beauty spots. Much of the coastline is in the care of the Trust and there are some fine and accessible beaches. Wildlife enthusiasts will find much to enjoy here and there are also opportunities for sailing, fishing and diving. Plas yn Rhiw is a 16th-century house with Georgian additions with views across Cardigan Bay. One of our holiday homes adjoins the house and the other stands in an elevated position overlooking Hell?s Mouth Bay. Holiday Cottage guests have free access to Plas yn Rhiw house and gardens during opening hours. Other National Trust places nearby include Llanbedrog Beach, Penrhyn Castle, Porthdinllaen, Porthor. Other attractions in the area include Abersoch Beach, famous for its surfing, Aberdaron, Porthdinllaen, Porthor, the beauties of Snowdonia, the wonderfully quirky village of Portmeirion and boat trip to Bardsey Island
- Current cottage
- Holiday cottage
place to visit
- Cluster of pins Shows number of grouped pins. Zoom in to see individual pins
Comments from past visitors
What it will cost
- VAT at the current rate
- Linen, heating and electricity (except where shown in the cottage details)
(not included in the price table above)
- A non-refundable £10 charge is not included, and will be added to the total price of your holiday to cover the cost of accidental breakages
- Unfortunately we cannot accept website bookings more than 15 months in advance. Please call 0844 335 1287 or email email@example.com to enquire about future cottage bookings and reservations.
- As part of the annual pricing review of all its cottages the National Trust reserves the right to move individual cottages up or down the price bands and to alter date breaks. We also reserve the right to charge supplements for certain cottages for specific dates covering special events, e.g. Rosetta Cottages on the Isle of Wight during Cowes week. We will notify you of any special event supplements at the time of booking.