Leominster, Herefordshire+ Add to favourites
This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.
Garden Cottage is exceptionally pretty 'gothic' style cottage, built into the actual wall of the idyllic walled garden at Croft Castle. There are spectacular views across the garden and the Castle towards the Brecon Beacons and beyond. The cottage has a large garden of its own and there is easy access to the parkland and walks up to the Iron Age hill-fort of Croft Ambrey, the Fishpool valley and through the ancient woodlands.
The cottage's layout
- Ground floor
- porch, kitchen/dining room, sitting room with wood-burning stove. Bathroom with separate shower, bedroom (single).
- First floor
- Three bedrooms (1 double with 5ft bed, 1 twin, 1 single) and separate lavatory.
Heating: Oil central heating included.
Garden: Large enclosed rear garden. Access to the walled garden is allowed at all times. Access to the rest of the Castle Gardens (outside the walled garden) is during opening hours only or by prior permission from the property.
Parking: Parking for two cars.
- Let starts
- Min stay
- Dogs allowed
- Cottage ref
- Acorn rating What's this?
- Open fire / stove
- Pub nearby
- Railway nearby
- Garden appeal
- Tumble dryer
- Washing machine
- Double bed
- Accessible for ambulant disabled people
- Access statement
Things to see and do nearby
- Heart of England
The industrial heart of England now offers one of Britain's loveliest National Parks, the Peak District, a region of outstanding natural beauty with spectacular and contrasting scenery. Moorland, ancient oak woodlands, bustling market towns and pretty villages are easily accessible from some of our major cities. Some of the Trust's finest properties are in the area, including High Peak Estate, straddling the Yorkshire-Derbyshire border, Lyme Park mansion and gardens, surrounded by a medieval deer park and Hardwick Hall, hardly changed since its creation in Elizabethan times. To the south is the gentler area of the Cotswolds and its neighbouring county of Warwickshire. With its gently rolling countryside of hills and valleys, picturesque stone villages and fine houses, this beautiful area now offers the visitor a glimpse of traditional English life. The National Trust owns some of the loveliest countryside in the area, some fine houses and important gardens. There is a huge and varied choice from Tudor Snowshill Manor, with its eclectic collection of musical instruments, clocks and Japanese armour to Hidcote Manor Gardens, famous for its rare trees, shrubs and outstanding herbaceous borders. Other Trust places in the area include Newark Park with its stunning views, the Sherborne Park estate, while the Buscot and Coleshill estates in west Oxfordshire are set in 7,500 acres of rolling farmland and woodland. The Iron Age hill-fort of Badbury Hill offers superb views over the Upper Valley south to White Horse Hill and the Berkshire Downs.
- Current cottage
- Holiday cottage
place to visit
- Cluster of pins Shows number of grouped pins. Zoom in to see individual pins
- Water Mill and Battle Centre
- various cider orchards and producers
- Bird watching
National Trust places to visit
- Croft Castle and Parkland
- Castellated manor house set in stunning countryside with panoramic views
- Berrington Hall
- Neo-classical mansion with fine interiors, set in landscape grounds
- Cwmmau Farmhouse
- Superb early 17th-century 'black and white' farmhouse with stone-tiled roof and vernacular buildings
- The Weir
- Informal 1920s riverside garden with fine views
- Brockhampton Estate
- Traditionally farmed estate and medieval manor house
- Wilderhope Manor
- Elizabethan gabled manor house, unfurnished but with fine interior architectural features
Comments from past visitors
What it will cost
- VAT at the current rate
- Linen, heating and electricity (except where shown in the cottage details)
(not included in the price table above)
- A non-refundable £10 charge is not included, and will be added to the total price of your holiday to cover the cost of accidental breakages
- Unfortunately we cannot accept website bookings more than 15 months in advance. Please call 0344 335 1287 or email email@example.com to enquire about future cottage bookings and reservations.
- As part of the annual pricing review of all its cottages the National Trust reserves the right to move individual cottages up or down the price bands and to alter date breaks. We also reserve the right to charge supplements for certain cottages for specific dates covering special events, e.g. Rosetta Cottages on the Isle of Wight during Cowes week. We will notify you of any special event supplements at the time of booking.