House By The Dyke
Chirk, Wreham, Wrexham+ Add to favourites
This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.
In the heart of the tranquil, historic estate and parkland of Chirk Castle. This 1930’s Villa is located at the top of Offa’s Dyke, with views that are second to none. Featuring a large rear terrace with seating area and lawned gardens, perfect for relaxing and admiring this spectacular countryside.
The cottage's layout
- Ground floor
- entrance porch, three bedrooms (1 double with 5’ sleigh bed, one single and one double with 6’ bed which can also be a twin on request), bathroom with electric shower over bath, lounge with patio doors open out onto the terrace, kitchen, lavatory, utility room, dining room with double doors leading into conservatory.
Heating: Electric wall panel heating included.
Approach to Cottage: Please note that there are security bollards at Chirk Castle which are raised between 7.00pm and 7.30am. On arrival after this time the Duty Officer can be contacted by pressing the buzzer on the gate. A 'zapper' is available for your stay.
Parking: Parking for several cars on a graveled area to the front of the cottage.
Garden: Large private terrace and lawned gardens. Conservatory leading out onto decking area
Please note: The cottage has an external dog kennel and run.
Offers: Fuel for the solid fuel stoves provided for duration of the stay.
A 10% discount applies when booked with Chirk Home Farm Cottage (ref 008012)
Local facilities/activities: There is an 18-hole golf course in the nearby village of Chirk and fishing can be enjoyed on the rivers Dee and Ceiriog and from Chirk Castle Lake.
Guided tours 'Behind the scenes' of the castle are available, normally starting at 11am on open days - ask at the ticket office for further details. Events happen throughout the year. For further information please contact the Property Manager prior to your arrival.
A farm shop, selling local produce from the estate and surrounding area, is open 11am - 5.30 pm
- Let starts
- Min stay
- Dogs allowed
- Yes, 2
- Cottage ref
- Acorn rating What's this?
- Dogs welcome
- Washing machine
Things to see and do nearby
- North Wales
Renowned for the dramatic mountain scenery of Snowdonia with its lakes and rock-strewn mountain passes, North Wales also offers a surprisingly varied countryside, from the beautiful Conwy Valley to the tranquillity of the Isle of Anglesey. The coastline is equally diverse, with sandy beaches, rocky coves and spectacular cliffs - and standing proudly over the land and seascape are some of the country's mightiest castles such as Penrhyn. The National Trust owns some 60,000 acres of coast and countryside in North Wales, including some of the majestic mountains of Snowdonia, unspoilt coastline on the Llyn, and an array of historic houses and castles.
- Current cottage
- Holiday cottage
place to visit
- Cluster of pins Shows number of grouped pins. Zoom in to see individual pins
- Offa's Dyke Path
- Ceiriog Valley
- Chirk Leisure and Activity Centre
- Chirk Golf Club
- Pontcysyllte Aqueduct
- Canal Boating
National Trust places to visit
- Chirk Castle
- Magnificent medieval fortress of the Welsh Marches
- Atmospheric house, featuring 485-hectare (1,200-acre) country park and formal walled garden
- Powis Castle and Garden
- Medieval castle rising dramatically above the celebrated garden
- Town Walls Tower
- Shrewsbury's last remaining watchtower
- Attingham Park
- Elegant 18th-century mansion with Regency interiors, set in extensive Repton landscape with deer park
- Attingham Park Estate: Cronkhill
- First and best-known example of John Nash's Italianate villa designs, built in 1805
Comments from past visitors
- August 2013
Ms S Christmas
- January 2013
What it will cost
- VAT at the current rate
- Linen, heating and electricity (except where shown in the cottage details)
(not included in the price table above)
- A non-refundable £10 charge is not included, and will be added to the total price of your holiday to cover the cost of accidental breakages
- Unfortunately we cannot accept website bookings more than 15 months in advance. Please call 0844 335 1287 or email email@example.com to enquire about future cottage bookings and reservations.
- As part of the annual pricing review of all its cottages the National Trust reserves the right to move individual cottages up or down the price bands and to alter date breaks. We also reserve the right to charge supplements for certain cottages for specific dates covering special events, e.g. Rosetta Cottages on the Isle of Wight during Cowes week. We will notify you of any special event supplements at the time of booking.