Mrs Preedy's Cottage
Burnham-Overy-Staithe, Norfolk+ Add to favourites
This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.
This attractive semi-detached brick and flint cottage stands beside the coast road between Wells and Brancaster. The cottage stands in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and to the front has views across the road to the mill stream. It is close to the North Norfolk Heritage Coast and there is good walking all around with footpaths from the door, through the meadows opposite, across to the coast.
The cottage's layout
- Ground floor
- small lobby with steps down to kitchen/dining room, sitting room with multi-fuel stove. Utility room and lavatory off lobby.
- First floor
- three bedrooms (1 double, 1 twin and 1 single), bathroom with shower over bath.
Heating: Oil central heating included.
Parking: There is parking for three cars behind the cottage.
Please note: The drive and yard area beside the cottage is fenced but care needs to be taken particularly crossing to the shared unfenced) riverside grassed area opposite as the cottage is on a sharp bend on the coast road, which can be busy at certain times of the day and in the peak season.
The road and mill pool are very close to the cottage and so young children will need to be supervised.
Offers: Holiday cottage guests have free entry to selected local National Trust properties during their stay, listings can be found in the cottage welcome folder.
- Let starts
- Min stay
- Dogs allowed
- Yes, 2
- Cottage ref
- Acorn rating What's this?
- Dogs welcome
- Open fire / stove
- Pub nearby
- Coast nearby
- Tumble dryer
- Washing machine
- Double bed
Things to see and do nearby
- East Anglia
The ancient kingdom of East Anglia has preserved much of its unspoilt character, rural landscape, architecture and traditions with attractions ranging from the University city of Cambridge and the Cathedral city of Ely, to glorious, often deserted, sandy beaches, lots of seaside fun, outdoor pursuits and the unspoilt waterways of The Broads. National Trust places in East Anglia are equally varied, ranging from the magnificent Blickling Hall in Norfolk, the impressive rotunda at Ickworth, near Bury St. Edmunds, the elegant Anglesey Abbey, to the dramatic coastline at Dunwich Heath, with its neighbouring RSPB sanctuary and the Anglo-Saxon royal burial site at Sutton Hoo.
- Current cottage
- Holiday cottage
place to visit
- Cluster of pins Shows number of grouped pins. Zoom in to see individual pins
- bird watching
- horse riding
National Trust places to visit
- Brancaster Estate
- Extensive coastal area famous for wild birds
- Blakeney National Nature Reserve
- An extensive area of saltmarsh, vegetated shingle, dunes and grazing marsh
- Sheringham Park
- Spectacular landscape park and woodland garden with miles of footpaths and stunning coastal views
- St George's Guildhall
- England's largest surviving medieval Guildhall
- Felbrigg Hall, Gardens and Estate
- One of the most elegant country houses in East Anglia
- Blickling Estate
- Magnificent Jacobean house with gardens and park
Comments from past visitors
- January 2013
The Bloom Family
What it will cost
- VAT at the current rate
- Linen, heating and electricity (except where shown in the cottage details)
(not included in the price table above)
- A non-refundable £10 charge is not included, and will be added to the total price of your holiday to cover the cost of accidental breakages
- Unfortunately we cannot accept website bookings more than 15 months in advance. Please call 0844 335 1287 or email email@example.com to enquire about future cottage bookings and reservations.
- As part of the annual pricing review of all its cottages the National Trust reserves the right to move individual cottages up or down the price bands and to alter date breaks. We also reserve the right to charge supplements for certain cottages for specific dates covering special events, e.g. Rosetta Cottages on the Isle of Wight during Cowes week. We will notify you of any special event supplements at the time of booking.