The Potter's Cottage
Downpatrick, County Down+ Add to favourites
This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.
This quaint, single-storey stone cottage is in the working farmyard near the Lough shore. There is no private garden but there is immediate access to the estate and the shore.
The cottage's layout
- Ground floor
- kitchen, sitting/dining room wood-burning stove, two bedrooms (1 double and 1 twin bedroom, both with en suite bathroom), bathroom with shower over bath and separate lavatory.
Heating: gas central heating included.
Accessibility: The bedroom and bathroom are on the ground floor but the cottage may not be suitable for wheelchair users.
Please note: there is a working sheep pen behind the cottage. It is used for a maximum of 8 days a year for 2 hours a day. Also for 1 night a year the sheep will be kept in the pen. We do not know which days in the year this will be but if you are concerned we can contact the property for further information.
- Let starts
- Min stay
- Dogs allowed
- Yes, 2
- Cottage ref
- Acorn rating What's this?
- Dogs welcome
- Open fire / stove
- Pub nearby
- Coast nearby
- Single storey
- Remote location
- Tumble dryer
- Washing machine
- Double bed
- Accessible for ambulant disabled people
- Access statement
Things to see and do nearby
- Northern Ireland
Northern Ireland offers some of the finest scenery in the British Isles. From the magnificent Causeway coast to the wooded Glens of Antrim, from the sheltered waters of Lough Erne to the romantic Mountains of Mourne, the region boasts mile after mile of verdant, unspoilt countryside, quiet roads and long sandy beaches. The National Trust in Northern Ireland protects 120 miles of coastline and 40 square miles of open country side from sections of the North Coast Path to Murlough National Nature Reserve, home to an array of attractive plants and birds. A selection of holiday cottages are available in the counties of Antrim, Down and Fermanagh. Stay at Crom Demesne and wander through this amazing array of open space and wildlife. Relax at the tranquil and beautiful Rose Cottage at Florence Court in Fermanagh or take in the stunning views of of the Mountains of Mourne from a holiday cottage on the shores of Dundrum Inner Bay. Close by you can visit a number of superb National Trust properties including the fascinating house and gardens of Mount Stewart and Castle Ward. Visit the wonderful Castle Coole in Enniskillen or enjoy the spectacular scenery from the Giant's Causeway, Northern Ireland's only World Heritage Site.
- Current cottage
- Holiday cottage
place to visit
- Cluster of pins Shows number of grouped pins. Zoom in to see individual pins
- Seal spotting beside Strangford Lough
- Strangford Lough Canoe Trail
- Historic Downpatrick
- Belfast city
- Audley's Castle
- Exploris Centre
- Nature Trails
National Trust places to visit
- Castle Ward
- Interesting 18th-century mansion, famed for its mixture of architectural styles
- Rowallane Garden
- A true plantsman's garden in an informal style -- with trees, shrubs and plants from around the world
- Mount Stewart House, Garden and Temple of the Winds
- Neo-classical house and celebrated gardens
- Murlough National Nature Reserve
- An extraordinarily beautiful dune landscape
- The Crown Bar
- The most famous pub in Belfast
Comments from past visitors
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- February 2014
- County Antrim
- August 2013
- July 2013
- Northern Ireland
What it will cost
- VAT at the current rate
- Linen, heating and electricity (except where shown in the cottage details)
(not included in the price table above)
- A non-refundable £10 charge is not included, and will be added to the total price of your holiday to cover the cost of accidental breakages
- Unfortunately we cannot accept website bookings more than 15 months in advance. Please call 0344 335 1287 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to enquire about future cottage bookings and reservations.
- As part of the annual pricing review of all its cottages the National Trust reserves the right to move individual cottages up or down the price bands and to alter date breaks. We also reserve the right to charge supplements for certain cottages for specific dates covering special events, e.g. Rosetta Cottages on the Isle of Wight during Cowes week. We will notify you of any special event supplements at the time of booking.