Burnham-Overy-Staithe, Norfolk+ Add to favourites
This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.
A dramatic apartment on the first floor of the mill, standing beside the coast road between Wells and Brancaster, with fine views of the stream and surrounding countryside. The vaulted ceiling and gallery give a great feeling of spaciousness in this larger apartment, equally ideal for families or just a couple, with cosy seating beside the fire. North Norfolk has a wealth of family attractions for days out within easy reach of the apartment, Holkham beach, Hunstanton pier and the quaint quayside town of Wells-next-the-Sea are only a short drive away. Village pubs and renowned restaurants are within a 1 ½ mile walk.
The cottage's layout
- First floor
- open-plan kitchen/dining area with multi-fuel stove, galleried sitting room with sofa bed, two bedrooms (1 double and 1 twin) and bathroom with shower over bath.
Heating: Wall mounted electric panel heaters.
Garden: There is a grassed area beside the mill stream.
Parking: Designated parking for one car and additional parking adjacent.
Please note: The road and mill pool are very close to the cottage and so young children will need to be supervised.
A staircase leads up to a galleried sitting room. Stair gates are provided.
The road can be very busy during the summer season.
Occupancy: When six people occupy the flat, two will need to use the sofa bed.
Offers: Holiday Cottage guests have free entry to selected local National Trust properties during their stay (listings in cottage welcome folder).
- 4 + 2
- Let starts
- Min stay
- Dogs allowed
- Cottage ref
- Acorn rating What's this?
- Open fire / stove
- Pub nearby
- Coast nearby
- Sofa/folding bed
- Tumble dryer
- Washing machine
- Double bed
- If you would like a copy of the access statement for this cottage please call the booking office on 0844 335 1287
Things to see and do nearby
- East Anglia
The ancient kingdom of East Anglia has preserved much of its unspoilt character, rural landscape, architecture and traditions with attractions ranging from the University city of Cambridge and the Cathedral city of Ely, to glorious, often deserted, sandy beaches, lots of seaside fun, outdoor pursuits and the unspoilt waterways of The Broads. National Trust places in East Anglia are equally varied, ranging from the magnificent Blickling Hall in Norfolk, the impressive rotunda at Ickworth, near Bury St. Edmunds, the elegant Anglesey Abbey, to the dramatic coastline at Dunwich Heath, with its neighbouring RSPB sanctuary and the Anglo-Saxon royal burial site at Sutton Hoo.
- Current cottage
- Holiday cottage
place to visit
- Cluster of pins Shows number of grouped pins. Zoom in to see individual pins
- bird watching
- horse riding
National Trust places to visit
- Brancaster Estate
- Extensive coastal area famous for wild birds
- Blakeney National Nature Reserve
- An extensive area of saltmarsh, vegetated shingle, dunes and grazing marsh
- Sheringham Park
- Spectacular landscape park and woodland garden with miles of footpaths and stunning coastal views
- St George's Guildhall
- England's largest surviving medieval Guildhall
- Felbrigg Hall, Gardens and Estate
- One of the most elegant country houses in East Anglia
- Blickling Estate
- Magnificent Jacobean house with gardens and park
Comments from past visitors
Anne & Andrew Pike
What it will cost
- VAT at the current rate
- Linen, heating and electricity (except where shown in the cottage details)
(not included in the price table above)
- A non-refundable £10 charge is not included, and will be added to the total price of your holiday to cover the cost of accidental breakages
- Unfortunately we cannot accept website bookings more than 15 months in advance. Please call 0844 335 1287 or email email@example.com to enquire about future cottage bookings and reservations.
- As part of the annual pricing review of all its cottages the National Trust reserves the right to move individual cottages up or down the price bands and to alter date breaks. We also reserve the right to charge supplements for certain cottages for specific dates covering special events, e.g. Rosetta Cottages on the Isle of Wight during Cowes week. We will notify you of any special event supplements at the time of booking.