Newtownbutler, County Fermanagh+ Add to favourites
This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.
Woodford is part of the converted farm-building complex that at one point housed the piggeries but today is a bright family cottage. It is the ideal setting for nature lovers with swallows swooping in and out of the barns across the yard and surrounded by acres of waterways and countryside crammed with wildlife, making this one of Ireland's best conservation sites.
The cottage's layout
- Ground floor
- kitchen, sitting/dining room with open fire and lavatory.
- First floor
- two bedrooms (1 double and 1 twin), and bathroom with shower over bath and lavatory.
Crom will offer 3-day fishing permits for 2 people for use for fishing on beautiful Lough Erne and other fantastic fishing locations in Co Fermanagh free to anyone booking a stay of a minimum 3 nights at this cottage.
Heating: biomass heating included.
Dogs are not accepted at this cottage.
Please note if you intend to fish during your stay you do have to cross a style to get to the fishing pegs. Disabled visitors are allowed to fish from the jetty.
From time to time weddings are celebrated at Crom and there may be some entertainment provided for the guests at the visitors centre until late evening.
Check out time on Sundays is now 12pm
- Let starts
- Any day except Sunday
- Min stay
- Dogs allowed
- Cottage ref
- Acorn rating What's this?
- Open fire / stove
- Shared telephone
- Shared tumble dryer
- Washing machine
- Double bed
- If you would like a copy of the access statement for this cottage please call the booking office on 0344 335 1287
Things to see and do nearby
- Northern Ireland
Northern Ireland offers some of the finest scenery in the British Isles. From the magnificent Causeway coast to the wooded Glens of Antrim, from the sheltered waters of Lough Erne to the romantic Mountains of Mourne, the region boasts mile after mile of verdant, unspoilt countryside, quiet roads and long sandy beaches. The National Trust in Northern Ireland protects 120 miles of coastline and 40 square miles of open country side from sections of the North Coast Path to Murlough National Nature Reserve, home to an array of attractive plants and birds. A selection of holiday cottages are available in the counties of Antrim, Down and Fermanagh. Stay at Crom Demesne and wander through this amazing array of open space and wildlife. Relax at the tranquil and beautiful Rose Cottage at Florence Court in Fermanagh or take in the stunning views of of the Mountains of Mourne from a holiday cottage on the shores of Dundrum Inner Bay. Close by you can visit a number of superb National Trust properties including the fascinating house and gardens of Mount Stewart and Castle Ward. Visit the wonderful Castle Coole in Enniskillen or enjoy the spectacular scenery from the Giant's Causeway, Northern Ireland's only World Heritage Site.
- Current cottage
- Holiday cottage
place to visit
- Cluster of pins Shows number of grouped pins. Zoom in to see individual pins
- Lough Erne canoe trail
- Lace museum in Bellanaleck
- Bird watching
National Trust places to visit
Comments from past visitors
- April 2014
- December 2013
What it will cost
- VAT at the current rate
- Linen, heating and electricity (except where shown in the cottage details)
(not included in the price table above)
- A non-refundable £10 charge is not included, and will be added to the total price of your holiday to cover the cost of accidental breakages
- Unfortunately we cannot accept website bookings more than 15 months in advance. Please call 0344 335 1287 or email email@example.com to enquire about future cottage bookings and reservations.
- As part of the annual pricing review of all its cottages the National Trust reserves the right to move individual cottages up or down the price bands and to alter date breaks. We also reserve the right to charge supplements for certain cottages for specific dates covering special events, e.g. Rosetta Cottages on the Isle of Wight during Cowes week. We will notify you of any special event supplements at the time of booking.